What Goes Well with Maine Lobster: A Guide to Sides with a Lobster Main Dish
When it comes to the ultimate romantic dinner, lobster is the long touted showstopper. But lobster is also a winner for a family dinner…or even a random Wednesday dinner.
If you’ve decided on lobster for your main course and are still scratching your head, wondering: “What else do I serve with lobster?” we’re here to help.
Here are some perfect side dishes known to be outstanding cast members for the star of the show: your Maine lobster dish.
Romantic Dinner for Two with Lobster
For a romantic candlelit dinner, there’s nothing more decadent than serving lobster. But what goes best with it when you’re preparing the meal yourself?
- Butter: Try taking your traditional melted butter up a notch by infusing it with garlic.
- Scalloped potatoes: This cheesy, creamy side dish pairs amazing with lobster any way you cook it. Yes, there’s a good bit of preparation, but they’ll also be sure to impress your date.
- Grilled or bacon-wrapped asparagus: If you’re going to impress the lady or gentleman in your life, you might as well go all the way. This side dish is incredibly simple, but incredibly impressive.
- Lobster bisque: “Too much of a good thing is still a good thing” when it comes to lobster. This sweet, creamy bisque will only enhance the flavors of your main course.
- Salad: Boring? Nah, not if you dress it up (pun intended). Try a Caesar salad with a lemon dressing to bring out the sweetness of the lobster meat. This way, you can save room for dessert without guilt!
- Maine Steamed Clams: A very common ‘side dish’ is locally dug Maine steamer clams – also known as steamers. like the name implies, you steam them up, dip them in the broth then right into the butter before ending up in your mouth. Deeeeeeelicious! You can grab your steamers right here!
Family Dinner with Lobster
If you plan on a family meal with lobster as the main course, you’ll want to stick to sides that you can make in bulk.
- Mac and cheese: This is always a crowd-pleaser. Lobster is such a magnificent feast that you won’t want to skimp with cheap cheese. Plus, try crushed crackers on top for an extra flair to the often understated side.
- Clam chowder: If you want to stick to tradition, you won’t go wrong with clam chowder. Seafood always pairs perfectly with seafood.
- Boston baked beans: This simple dish is perfect for the family atmosphere and great for leftovers.
- Pasta salad: Inexpensive to create and delicious for the whole family, pasta salad can go a long way. Make as much or as little as you need; either way it’s easy to make!
- Corn on the cob: Another inexpensive side that can feed a crowd, you can choose to go with the simple boiled corn on the cob or make it a little more interesting by grilling it!
- Cheesy biscuits: We can’t forget about this savory side dish. These fluffy biscuits go great with any seafood dish.
And don’t forget the Maine tradition of a Two Fat Cats Bakery whoopie pie for dessert – yes we carry these as well!
We hope you have a fantastic time hosting your romantic date or dinner party. There is no better way to bring people together than around the table!
Ready to try a Maine lobster for yourself? Order today or come into our Scarborough, Maine location to purchase fresh caught Maine lobster.