The 5 Best Winter Seafood Dishes for Cold Weather Comfort
Now that the weather is getting colder, you might be thinking about cozying up with a nice bowl of warm soup. But why not switch things up and try a seafood dish instead?
Seafood is not only delicious, but it’s also a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. So if you’re looking for some new wintertime dinner ideas, look no further than this list of the five best winter seafood dishes.
5 Cold Weather Comfort Seafood Dishes
1. Clam Chowder: You can’t talk about winter seafood without mentioning clam chowder.
This creamy soup is made with clams, potatoes, onions, and celery and is perfect for a cold winter day. Serve it with some crusty bread for dipping, and you’re good to go!
2. Lobster Bisque: This rich soup is made with lobster broth and usually has chunks of lobster meat in it as well. It’s the perfect luxurious meal for a special occasion.
3. Crab Cakes: These savory cakes are made with fresh crab meat, bread crumbs, and spices and are usually served with tartar sauce or remoulade. Yum!
4. Seafood Gumbo: This Louisiana classic is packed full of shrimp, crab, and okra. It’s served over rice and is sure to fill you up on a cold night.
5. Oven-Roasted Salmon with Winter Squash: This healthy dish features succulent salmon fillets roasted to perfection and served with roasted winter squash and kale. It’s the perfect meal for when you’re trying to eat healthily, but still want something that tastes good.
There you have it — five of the best winter seafood dishes out there! So next time you’re looking for something new to try, give one of these seafood dishes a shot. You won’t be disappointed.
Why You Shouldn’t Skip Out on Seafood During the Winter Months
There are multiple reasons why you should eat seafood in the wintertime.
Firstly, seafood is incredibly nutritious, providing a range of important vitamins and nutrients that are essential for healthy development.
Secondly, fish and other types of seafood can be particularly satisfying on cold winter evenings, providing a warm and comforting meal to help keep you toasty when the weather turns chilly.
Lastly, eating seafood during the winter has financial benefits as well. Since richer fish are usually kept for consumption in the summer or spring months, seafood tends to be more affordable during the colder winter months, making it an ideal choice for budget-conscious consumers.
So why not give fresh fish a try this winter? You’ll enjoy delicious meals and do your body good at the same time!
Stop by Pine Tree Seafood in Scarborough and let us help you plan your next winter seafood comfort meal.