COVID-19 – a message to Pine Tree Seafood & Produce Co. customers
Your safety and the safety of our community is our priority. As the situation around the coronavirus continues to evolve, minute by minute almost, we want to offer an update on the measures we are taking to ensure the ongoing safety of our customer and employees.
During this time, we know that it is essential that we all practice the simple, preventative measures as recommended by public health authorities. Our daily regular procedures for food handling and safety meet or exceed CDC and WHO recommendations. We have reviewed and reiterated those guidelines with our employees, regarding personal hygiene, social distancing techniques, regular surface sanitizing, and have provisioned our facility with sanitary supplies to inhibit the spread of the virus at our store and in the community.
The suppliers of our fresh seafood and specialty food distributors are some of the best in the business. We’ve toured their facilities and are confident that all employ the industry’s best practices in terms of food handling and safety.
Additionally, there is no expectation for an interruption in product supply, other than what may occur naturally in terms of the effects from severe weather, seasonal changes, or other natural causes. Maintaining a proper diet through this time of stress is critically important to everyone, and consuming quality cold water seafood products (2 servings/week) are an important part of any person’s diet. Pine Tree Seafood & Produce Co. is committed to continuing to supply premium food products in a safe manner to all our customers.
For now, our hours of operation will remain the unchanged:
- Sunday – Thursday – 10am-6pm
- Friday – Saturday – 10am-7pm
We are implementing plans for the following customer service enhancements:
- Online ordering – all seafood products will be available to be ordered online at pinetreeseafood.com
- Phone orders – 207-730-7121
- Curbside pickup – simply note in your online order that you request your order to be brought to your car, please call the store when you arrive and we will bring your order to your car.
- Delivery – we will deliver to any household in Scarborough, Old Orchard Beach, and Saco. There will be a $10 delivery fee added to your order.
- Senior Hours – We will be open for our customers 55 years old and older ONLY Monday – Friday from 8am-10am.
We will continue to monitor the situation, and we are prepared to take additional measures as necessary, following
guidance from local, state, and federal public health authorities.
Thanks to all of our wonderful customers for your support…past, present, and future.
Take care and be well,
The Hartley and Whitmore Families